Tuesday 16 April 2013

Dynamic Duo

Forget Batman & Robin, the Lone Ranger & Tonto, even Cagney & Lacey... my favourite (design) heros are Emily Henderson & Bri Emery. So team them up together and there's a combination I can't resist sharing with you.




Bri needed some help pulling her living and dining rooms together. She knew what she liked but was feeling overwhelmed with the task, and was unsure about the layout. It just so happened that her good friend, and interior designer extraordinaire, Emily, needed a new blog design. Perfect - Bri's strength is graphic design, so the pair struck up a trade.




The result in Bri's home is so darn gorgeous, if I lived there you'd be hard-pressed to get me out of the door. In the entryway a simple, yet stylish console is understated enough to let the artwork and beautiful lamps shine.




Emily, who is the queen of vintage furniture, persuaded Bri to reupholster some of her existing furniture, so her original brown tweed sofa was recovered in a glorious teal blue fabric - Hallelujah!




A vintage chair was funked up with a black and white tribal print, and a cute stool is a stand-out now in hot pink. A plethora of indoor plants add life and calmness to the space.




Bri's boyfriend insisted on the most enormous television (what is it with guys and their tv's?!), but they could never find a credenza that fit the tv and the space. Clever Em to the rescue -
she had one custom made in white lacquer and wood, which is brilliant.





I love how this corner is pulled together so perfectly with the flowers, the prints, and the cushion - a magic triangle.




No home should be without a bar cart (in my opinion), and especially a brass plated one.




The dining room is stunning with the Danish furniture, layered rugs, and Long Cord Chandelier. But it's the huge beach print that's the winner for me - love it!




Isn't it awesome - what do you think? The design Bri did for Emily's blog is gorgeous too.
A couple of talented gals, and you can see they both share a love of gold (like me). Check out the full story and more pics on Bri's blog.





If, like Bri, you're feeling a bit stuck with your interior, and need some help pulling it together - by all means contact Emily (although that might be tricky, as she's super busy), but if you live in New Zealand or Australia, I'd love to help. Find out more at Bibby + Brady.

5 comments :

  1. wow! I could easily live there! love the freshness of the colours...think I might go plant shopping too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I too am in love with the amount of colour and greenery! It's an amazing space. Fact time: I actually have meet Bri Emery last year in Sydney. She is a lot fab too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don’t think I have ever seen a living room where even the tv looks stylish and right at home! :) I could be very happy here. I particularly love the Max Wanger photo in the dining room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the daring mix of patterns and textures. I'm also intrigued by the painting behind the girls in the dining area, trying to work out if it is a painting or photograph. The textures make it appear more like a painting.

    Thank you for this great post.

    Lee :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just gorgoeus! I can't stop drooling over Bri's home but I love that you have some extra pics there - more pinning!! I want that custom made sideboard! x

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your comment. Best wishes, Vic xxx

Blogging tips